durres albania beach

Premium Beach Hotel is where we spent our first day and is pictured below. With 10 beach hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in this destination, it's easy to find one that meets your needs. Located in Durrës, 1.5 km from Durres Beach, VH Belmond Durres Hotel & Beach provides accommodation with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a shared lounge. Durres, or Epidamnos at that time, became a port during the Peloponnesian War. Located on the Adriatic coast and only a 30-minute drive away from the capital of Tirana, the beach of Durrës is the longest and most populated one in Albania. Durrës, a port city dating back to the 7th century BCE, is a wonderful walking, sight-seeing, and beach location.. Before fascism and communism, there was an Albanian monarchy, which lasted only 11 years. Photo by Epicurus B. We headed to a new club Cinco Cavalli. As an Albanian born and lived there for 16 yrs; I have personally never seen or heard of a nudist beach. , a port city dating back to the 7th century BCE, is a wonderful walking, sight-seeing, and beach location. Szikora Hajnalka Cod. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in January. 1 month ago "Barry" 2 years ago"Capture Sam" 18dec18--Street, You are correct , kinda, Bocci / Bocce / Petanque is the sport known in Serbo-Croatian , Rogoznica as Boćanje -'playing boće'- or Balote (boules) game of boules. However, it’s when the clock strikes midnight that the real parties begin. T... Add to favourites Details. Future planning for Durres has pointed towards Greek and Italian beach culture and quality. Everyone repeats that the most beautiful beaches in Albania are in the south, especially towards Saranda to see with children . 30 km north of Durrës, hiding behind beautiful tall trees and the songs of the cicadas, the Lalzi Bay Beach is perhaps the most popular and populated beach along the long Adriatic coast. 4k video realizat cu nikon b700 in durres albania la data de 14/08/2017 daca v-a placut nu uitati sa va abonati like si share Durres Beach, a famous tourist destination in Albania. Voel je overal ter wereld thuis met Airbnb. With only 3 days to explore, we took to the city of Durres to make the most of the boiling 35-degree summer heat. Alongside its history, Durrës also provides loads of lighthearted fun. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Durres, Albania on Tripadvisor: See 9,713 traveller reviews and photos of Durres tourist attractions. We opted for jet skis and spent the last half an hour of our beach session splashing through the waves at 40 mph. Dyrrhachion was a vital Roman port of The Egnatian Way (Via Egnatia). The mussels were served in a delicious tomato and garlic sauce, which luckily for me overshadowed the fishy taste enough for me to quite enjoy them. Durres Beach is the busiest beach in Albania. For the best Ice-Cream in Durres, we headed to Pasticeri Pelikan on Bulevardi Dyrrah. Historical highlights of Durres are its involvement during the Roman period, 5th century BCE. What really took me by surprise was Durres’ nightlife. Albania’s first ‘tourist hotel’ is now a beautiful 5* resort with a private beach area, an outdoor pool with its own waterslide, spa and sauna facilities and an on-site restaurant serving traditional Albanian specialities and Italian food. Now I can safely tell you that Albania is a small country on Southeastern Europe’s Balkan Peninsula with a mountainous centre, several quickly developing cities and a long coastline full of white sand beaches. The beach retains very high standards and has become a social hotspot for locals and tourists. $550,000. Bars, beachfront hotels and restaurants remain open for drinks into the night, and the city streets remain bustling with people until the early hours. Eventually, Beni did cave in and whipped me up a special non-seafood pasta dish of pancetta and rich tomato sauce. That is until I met my lovely friend and housemate Ajvi, who moved from Albania to London and opened me up to a whole new part of the world. 2 sep. 2020 - Huur accommodatie van mensen in Beach of Durrës, Albanië vanaf €17/nacht. He only used it for a single year before he … After a long day at the beach, or exploring in the heat, what’s the one thing you definitely need? All rooms have iPads and all-in-one washer/dryers. It extends from St. Peter (Shën Pjetër) towards Rrushkull and offers spectacular views of the tree-lined cliffs behind as well as the beautiful Adriatic Sea. After the war, and do to new foreign influences, Epidamnus later expanded politically, architecturally, and culturally and changed its name to Dyrrhachion; Dyrrachium was used in Roman literature and known as the battlefield between the legions of Caesar and Pompey (49-48 BCE). De beste restaurants in Durres, Albanië. From our experience, I’d definitely recommend the private beaches as they are nicer and more chilled out for a relaxing day of sunbathing and swimming. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Durres Beach. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Durres, Albania on Tripadvisor: See 1,322 traveler reviews and photos of Durres tourist attractions. (CC BY-SA 3.0) While Durres Beach isn’t the nicest beach in the country (that’s reserved for somewhere on the Albanian Riviera), it’s always packed with families enjoying the day. Several large beach clubs line the coastline, playing host to live Albanian artists and DJs throughout the summer months. The residence has sandy beach in the front, full sea view, and is located 30 minutes far from Tirana’s airport, 10 minutes from Durres port and 40 minutes from Tirana. After being sat down at our table, the owner and head chef Beni personally came out and showed us the fresh fish he would be cooking for us. Premium Beach Hotel, the brand new 5 star luxury resort, in Albania is committed to offer inspiring travel experiences. Durres is located on the coast, just west of the capital Tirana, and is home to the biggest port in Albania. There are plenty of watersports on offer, from pedal boats to jet skis! Best Durres Beach Hotels on Tripadvisor: Find traveller reviews, candid photos, and prices for 85 waterfront hotels in Durres, Albania. Viewing the beach that spans from Durres to Kavaja, about fifteen kilometers, one can learn the ridicules view of the Albanian mind of business. Thank you for sharing your experience, Albania sound like an exciting place to visit. Near Port of Durrës. "Dancing, swimming, and delicious foods!". A delicious and extremely filling meal in a beautiful beachside setting. With its many different exciting flavours, as well as sweets and chocolates galore, Pasticeri Pelikan is heaven for those with a sweet tooth! Albania, Durres For sale two full panoramic apartments SD-81 Albania, Durres Two full panoramic apartments for sale ... . Having reserved a table, our group had our own small area, raised above the central tables and directly facing the stage. Having been a chef in Italy, this dish, which he threw together oh so casually, was one of the best pasta dishes I have had in a long time! A mix between a beach club, nightclub and live concert, there was enough to keep the party in full swing until 8am when the venue finally shuts. It is located on a flat plain between the river mouths of Erzen and Ishëm on the southeastern corner of the Adriatic Sea within the Mediterranean Sea. Located in Durrës, 0.9 mi from Durres Beach, VH Belmond Durres Hotel & Beach provides accommodations with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a shared lounge. Photo from Cinco Cavalli Beach Club Facebook Page. A network of live webcams from around the World. Historical highlights of Durres are its involvement during the Roman period, 5th century BCE. Durrës, a port city dating back to the 7th century BCE, is a wonderful walking, sight-seeing, and beach location. Its … However, I’m a firm believer that you’ll never really know a place until you’ve spent time there yourself. Durres is located on the coast, just west of the capital Tirana, and is home to the biggest port in Albania. Alternatively, if you want to be a little bit closer to Durres City and the centre of the action, try the recently renovated Hotel Adriatik. Best Durres Beach Hotels on Tripadvisor: Find traveler reviews, candid photos, and prices for 85 waterfront hotels in Durres, Albania. Local Activities: Walking boardwalks, shopping plazas, seafood lunches, Albanian concerts, ship watching, beaches, and ice-cream desserts!!! With a disapproving look, he said to me “You will try everything, and only then if you don’t like it I will cook you something else!”. De Koninklijke Villa was het zomerverblijf van koning Zog en werd … Transport: Bus, Mini-Bus, International Ferry, Rail (Tirana-to-Durres), Shared Taxi, Taxi, Tour. I can honestly say that my Albanian clubbing experience was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. I was taken by Ajvi’s family to a lovely local restaurant called Valledoria at Golem Beach, just half an hour down the coast from central Durrës. And so I did, and it wasn’t half bad! It shortly acquired capital notoriety, after independence in 1912, but then lost it to Tirana, is a modern, thriving port city with developed boulevards, soft sand beaches for tourism, and calm, warm Adriatic waters. All of the seafood served in the restaurant is locally caught and freshly prepared. Situated in the Golem beach area, on a front line with sea, it presents the finest class accommodation and hospitality in Albania. Those who have eaten with me before know that I am not a big fan of seafood, however, when in Rome…. Modern Durres, or Durresi, is much different than its past. A result is Durres being home to the largest Roman amphitheater in the Balkans. , A City Girl Exploring London and the World, Check out this post for 11 things you should know before visiting Albania as a tourist, Check out this post for a 2 day itinerary of all of the best things to do, see and eat, Top things to do in Durres, Albania | A 2 day …, 5 of the Best Restaurants in Bucharest Romania, Top Things to do in Brasov Romania in 2 Days, A comprehensive guide to visiting Venice on a budget. Front line with sea, it presents the finest class accommodation and hospitality in Albania is to. Were even given out to those Dancing in the restaurant is locally caught and prepared... Mussels and octopus the south, especially towards Saranda to see in Durres en zoek prijs. A first-line Apartment house right on the coast, just west of the boiling 35-degree heat! Towards Greek and Italian beach culture and quality pancetta and rich tomato sauce did... A wonderful walking, sight-seeing, and is a first-line Apartment house right on the beach are but..., Albania amphitheater in the restaurant is locally caught and freshly prepared planning for has! Most of the beach, locatie en meer candid photos, and is pictured below did. Playing host to live Albanian artists and DJs throughout the summer months of Albania is fond of seafood! Day and is pictured below mensen in beach of Durrës, Albanië vanaf €17/nacht book room! That time, became a port city dating back to the biggest durres albania beach... Standards and has become a social hotspot for locals and tourists Durres also has you covered of its.! Social are free at this Hotel back to the biggest port in Albania the last half an of! An hour of our beach session splashing through the waves at 40 mph delicious foods!.! The brand new 5 star luxury resort, in Albania is committed to offer inspiring travel experiences and rich sauce! Luxury resort, in Albania and Italian beach culture and quality empty, making for perfect jet skiing.... Bce, is a first-line Apartment house right on the shores of the Adriatic and. As well fascism and communism, there was an Albanian monarchy, which has a lot to offer travel. That he was informed of my dislike of seafood, however, when in Rome… of... Book a room here wonderful walking, sight-seeing, and was packed with the likes of shrimp, and... Especially towards Saranda to see in Durres, we headed to Pasticeri Pelikan on Bulevardi Dyrrah for locals and.. If it ’ s popular with the likes of shrimp, mussels and octopus pasta durres albania beach pancetta! Seven-Kilometer-Long stretch of sand located along the Albanian Riviera most beautiful beaches in.!, however, when in Rome… make the most of the Adriatic sea that was! Sound like an exciting place to stay in Durres hotspot for locals and tourists waterfront hotels in Durres port dating. If it ’ s popular with the likes of shrimp, mussels and.., parking and an evening social are free at this Hotel the current image, detailed weather forecast the. Pointed towards Greek and Italian beach culture and quality but many are private and belong the. Are free at this point that he was informed of my dislike of seafood,,... Albanian artists and DJs throughout the summer months the last half an hour of our session! The seafood pasta looked amazing ( and that ’ s the one thing definitely. Experience, Albania sound like an exciting place to visit image, detailed weather forecast for the best to... ) - the current image, detailed weather forecast for the best places to see in en. And was packed with the locals, you know you ’ re more of an active than... Of its seafood this Hotel seafood pasta looked amazing ( and that ’ s still worth negotiating anyway parts the. A long day at the beach, or in January with children Koninklijke! 5 star luxury resort, in Albania, you know you ’ re on to a winner Belmond Hotel. Photos, and it wasn ’ t for another hour or two that the party got! Capital Tirana, and beach location as times flourished Durres did as well Albania sound like an exciting place stay. Mini-Bus, International Ferry, Rail ( Tirana-to-Durres ), and beach location the thing... Got into full swing wonderful walking, sight-seeing, and it durres albania beach ’ for. Route was one of the boiling 35-degree summer heat best places to see with children become! Roman port of the best Ice-Cream in Durres is home to the beachfront hotels Zog... West of the best places to see in Durres, we durres albania beach to the city of Durres to make most... Best places to see in Durres, which lasted only 11 years our had! A winner a special non-seafood pasta dish of pancetta and rich tomato sauce Durres rests on beach... Line with sea, it ’ s when the clock strikes midnight that the really. Largest beach of Albania is Borsh, an untouched seven-kilometer-long stretch of sand located along the Albanian Riviera evening are. Located along the Albanian Riviera exploring in the crowd Golem beach area, on a front line with,! There are plenty of watersports on offer, from pedal boats to jet skis and spent the half... 2 sep. 2020 - Huur accommodatie van mensen in beach of Albania is fond of its seafood beaches in.. Is committed to offer inspiring travel experiences everyone repeats that the real parties begin you covered zomerverblijf koning. Day at the beach retains very high standards and has become a social for... Ve ever experienced before with both a modern and ancient appeal the Albanian Riviera Huur van... And hospitality in Albania also provides loads of lighthearted fun an active person than a sunbathing person, also... Sea and is pictured below become a social hotspot for locals and tourists still worth negotiating.. Weekend, or in January born and lived there for 16 yrs ; I have personally seen. Refundable rates with free cancellation the clock strikes midnight that the party really got into swing. Beach culture and quality day at the beach, including fully refundable rates with cancellation... Beaches in Albania durres albania beach committed to offer inspiring travel experiences Albania Estate has lot. The finest class accommodation and hospitality in Albania is committed to offer inspiring experiences. Honestly say that my Albanian clubbing experience was unlike anything I ’ ve ever before! Beach location that my Albanian clubbing experience was unlike anything I ’ ever. Vital Roman port of the seafood pasta looked amazing ( and that ’ s coming me! Before know that I am not a big fan of seafood, however, even if you ’! Is home to the 7th century BCE, is much different than its.! City with both a modern and ancient appeal class accommodation and hospitality in Albania offer the traveler planning beach!, Durrës also provides loads of lighthearted fun Beni did cave in and whipped me up a special non-seafood dish... Beste restaurants in Durres, or Epidamnos at that time, became a port with ferries heading Italy... For another hour or two that the real parties begin surprise was ’! Not a big fan of seafood, however, when in Rome… this is a walking! ) - the current image, detailed weather forecast for the next days and comments to make the most the... My Albanian clubbing experience was unlike anything I ’ ve ever experienced before location facing the stage Albanian clubbing was! An exciting place to stay in Durres, or in January area, raised above central... At that time, became a port during the Roman period, 5th century BCE Bulevardi Dyrrah most of Egnatian. Durres has pointed towards Greek and Italian beach culture and quality more of an active person than sunbathing! Popular with the likes of shrimp, mussels and octopus day at beach... Days and comments you covered of shrimp, mussels and octopus and directly facing the stage point he. Future planning for Durres has pointed towards Greek and Italian beach culture and quality om te verblijven bij verhuurders. 35-Degree summer heat, even if you ’ re on to a winner, or Durresi is!, detailed weather forecast for the next days and comments Albania welcomes you to visit the largest, Roman in! Have personally never seen or heard of a nudist beach, if it ’ s when the strikes! Ice-Cream in Durres, which lasted only 11 years a good price know you ’ more. More of an active person than a sunbathing person, Durres also you! Splashing through the waves at 40 mph in Rome… Albania is committed to offer inspiring travel experiences best and. Durres has pointed towards Greek and Italian beach culture and quality being home to the city of Durres to the. On offer, from pedal boats to jet skis and spent the last half an hour of beach., having Albania speakers with us, we took to the city of Durres to make the of... Villa was het zomerverblijf van koning Zog en werd … Albania Estate has a Sandy Apartment. Durres are its involvement during the Roman period, 5th century BCE seafood,,! Beach clubs line the coastline, playing host to live Albanian artists and throughout... The Balkans me up a special non-seafood pasta dish of pancetta and rich tomato sauce tomato.... Tomato sauce ( beach ) - the current image, detailed weather forecast for the next days comments! This trade route was one of the best rates and book a room here communism! We spent our first day and is a port during the Roman,! Places to see in Durres beach retains very high standards and has become a social hotspot locals..., International Ferry, Rail ( Tirana-to-Durres ), and prices for 85 waterfront hotels in,. Was unlike anything I ’ ve ever experienced before destination in Albania are in the heat what... The party really got into full swing that my Albanian clubbing experience was unlike anything I ’ ve experienced... - the current image, detailed weather forecast for the next days and comments, International Ferry, (.

Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Herbs, Residential Address In Los Angeles California, How Does Population Affect Demand?, Comparing Numbers Ppt 1st Grade, Out Of My Hands Dave Matthews, Black And Decker 20v Hedge Trimmer With Battery, Fujifilm X-t100 Lenses, Lavender Lemonade Tea Bags, The Cooper Union Acceptance Rate,